Withings Body+ Body Composition Wifi Scale Reviews, Positivism Vs Relativism, How To Identify Male And Female Baby Pigeon, Sericulture Department Mandya, Rainbow Garden Menu Champaign, Canon R Vs R5, " />

SOG Knives has recently launched their latest in fixed blade tactical knives with the new PILLAR – Blackout fixed blade knife.. SOG Knives states “Optimized for professionals and made in the USA, SOG is happy to offer our Pillar fixed blade in a new blackout configuration.. But really, guys, I’m just flat-out impressed with this blade. But, consider the humble ESEE Izula-2 (for which I did pay). A knife that you can really rely on. SOG Twitch II. Thanks for the reminder! Are there negatives here? Out of the box, I wasn’t exactly sold on this design. SOG UF1001 Pillar, 5" S35VN Blade, Black Canvas Micarta Handle Based around superior CPM S35VN steel, SOG's USA produced knives offer improved toughness, better edge retention, higher resistance to wear and edge chipping while maintaining ease of sharpening. FOLLOW ME http://www.instagram.com/livingsurvivalyoutube You know what? They’re also a pretty a patient lot. Kindling prep and feather-sticking? Here’s their blurb on sharpening: “Knives, multi-tools, gear, and other sharp pointy items should be maintained properly with routine cleaning, oiling, and sharpening… SOG knives are designed and made to be used. The SOG Pillar is ten inches of tooled testosterone. This knife is simply amazing with both it’s fit and finish and is very comfortable. The knife was used for my annual firewood processing–delimbing, chopping, batonning, and lots and lots of fire prep. It has a blade of around 5 inches and an overall length of 10 inches, this blade sits squarely in the center of the fixed blade size spectrum. But once I switched over to a scout-style carry, the elegance of its execution was immediately apparent. On to performance. It also spread peanut butter, butter, and tomato sauce for camp pies and camp pizzas made in a camp iron. The SOG Pillar is more about living in the wild, slaying prey with your bare hands, and building a shelter out of their hides. 0.1 in. Food prep? So, let’s review – A lifetime warranty, free sharpening service, and paid return shipping. Includes Kydex sheath with Tek-Lok compatible mount. At SHOT, SOG released a few blades including the SOG Pillar. That’s a good set up. Picture this – You’re at a neighborhood barbeque when someone asks you to cut some potatoes. SOG Knives Unveils the Pillar. I like how compact it is, even though it is a pancake and not taco style sheath. The micarta is excellent, the knife’s two-tone finish is gleaming and eye catching, and the sheath fits like a racing glove. One small ding is that S35VN can bit a bit chippy at higher hardnesses. But really, I’m not sure what else to say here. The micarta handle fits perfectly in my palm, with a nice cutout near the blade guard. Any knife being used regularly will need occasional sharpening. ( Log Out /  I own an original SOG Seal 2000 with 440A steel from 1995, made in Seki-City, Japan. ( Log Out /  The SOG Pillar is a medium sized fixed blade knife. They monitor two things–sales and price. If you play with that button you’ll notice that if you push it either forward or backward it locks the spring button in place so that it can’t be accidentally engaged. Anyone who owns a Japan-era SOG knows exactly what I mean. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for SOG Fixed Blade Knives with Sheath – Pillar USA Made Steel Full Tang Knife, Tactical Knife, Survival Knife w/ Micarta Blade Knife Handle (UF1001-BX) at Amazon.com. The SOG Pillar is a premium fixed blade with a great steel, fabulous design, and a higher than normal price tag for a SOG. Support my channel when you shop on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2r2AsYy. The SOG Pillar is a medium sized fixed blade knife. Between its solid materials and excellent construction, the Pillar could truly be your knife for life. But the more I thought about it, the easier this decision became. This is a straight foward design, one that echoes Bark River much more than it does the other SOG fixed blades. 2.65 in. If you’re not into aggressive designs, then this one may not be for you. But the true star of implementation here is the sheath. Fire making? SOG Pillar Clip Point Fixed Blade Knife. It has micarta handles and is built with a full, pass-through tang construction. I… I don’t think I have anything to add to that. Balance & weight are perfect too. Instead, let me take a deep breath and give some dimensions: As you can see by the comparison shots, this is a fairly large knife. Many know SOG knives to be of good value and often of excellent performance. This looks like it is the start of something new–SOG competing at all parts of the price spectrum. Sheathes are hard. I accidentally drove to the hardware store with the Pillar on one weekend. Even the screws are countersunk and tight. For a great “Field Knife” or “Get Home Bag”, this knife will do outstanding.Thanks for sharing this. The fact that it is made in the USA, also added to the allure of this knife. The SOG Pillar's blade has just enough belly on it to be a damn decent skinning blade for any hunter of any game. It wasn’t a bit deal, but it was noticeable. Perfect, guys. To see SOG, a mainstay of the knife industry for more than twenty years, fade into irrelevance with ever cheaper overseas made knives was a bit disappointing. The SOG Pillar is a fixed bladed knife that features a clip point and machine ground edge, a heavy duty cutting tool for all situations. The full tang extends back into a canvas micarta handle, with torx screws holding the scales in place. The SOG Pillar is a USA-made tactical fixed blade featuring a resilient no-nonsense build. There’s also a medium-sized forward finger choil. But whenever I see tree branches in the front yard, I need to break out the Pillar. This knife, like a handful of other releases, was American-made and ran S35VN steel, a huge improvement from some of the lesser steels SOG has used in the past. The sheath is just all kinds of amazing. SUBSCRIBE https://bit.ly/2UhlImu. Gradually over the past decade, SOG has moved away from the Japanese-made blades in its line up towards cheaper stuff. Normally, I like to give a somewhat blow-by-blow account of the testing. The Pillar is a corner turning product for SOG. Product Description SOG Tech Bowie, Kraton Handle, Black Blade, Kydex Sheath. Subscribe to our newsletter. The aesthetics, maybe. There is simply no detail overlooked here. For a long time now I have been on this quest for that one perfect knife that just hits all of the marks with me and let me tell you, this Pillar does it BIG TIME. There is only so far you can go down on the CR scale before you scare away the knife enthusiast market. The bronze and brown finish of the LTD edition offers a color scheme unrivaled in any other SOG knife. The SOG Pillar is remarkable in the SOG line up for its plainness–there is no sawtooth spine, aggro persian clip point, no black ops blade coating and no stacked leather handle. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. I’m bitten, it’s under my skin, and there may be another SOG in my collection before the next full moon. Change ). Go ahead – run that ferro rod over its squared-off shoulders. This is most often true when you’re working in the field and one hand is occupied. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Its design and geometry is a little clumsy, but the drawbacks are easily overlooked by those that will employ its unique function. Balance & weight are perfect too.I own an original SOG Seal 2000 with 440A steel from 1995, made in Seki-City, Japan. Unfortunately, we have not figured out how to make a knife that doesn’t dull. At their best, they source blades from some of the best OEMs in the world. I found scout-style, horizontal carry to be the most comfortable option. With the release of the Pillar, SOG is making it clear to competitors–they can make high end stuff too. ( Log Out /  This USA-made Pillar reminds me of the good old knives SOG started out making. It has a blade of around 5 inches and an overall length of 10 inches, this blade sits squarely in the center of the fixed blade size spectrum. I am going to knock it one quarter of a point, because I found the spring button to be susceptible to the occasional inadvertent press. The canvas micarta handles are very comfortable, and the knife feels natural and balanced in the hand, though it is a tad heavy on the back end. UPDATE: The spring button can indeed be locked and unlocked by sliding it to the left or right. 6.2 in. ... SOG Pillar. The premium SOG folders are some of the most unsung knives on the market. Okay, okay. I also used it to process recycling. A powder metallurgical steel grade that retains its sharpness very well. It even survived a tip test, stabbing and prying into a fallen tree with no ill effects. No problem. I’ve increased the score accordingly. The Washington-based company named SOG began in 1986, but can trace its inspirational roots to special operations during the Vietnam War. Based around superior CPM S35VN steel, SOG's USA produced knives offer improved toughness, better edge retention, higher resistance to wear and edge chipping while maintaining ease of sharpening. Live Chat Contact Check Order Status. Though it may look like a style-first knife, I found the Pillar’s ergonomics to be very good. Would I rather have two Izulas or one Pillar? The SOG Pillar is more about living in the wild, slaying prey with your bare hands, and building a shelter out of their hides. Just ask my left index finger, which got a little kiss from the blade during the woodworking portion of the test. I’m glad I came here because I was trying to figure out the best way to carry my Pillar and hadn’t thought of the Scout option. There is nothing wrong with that, but there is also nothing wrong with competing in every market segment. Durable S35VN steel and a canvas Micarta handle make up the bulk of this rugged knife which is crafted with quality and care in the USA. It holds the knife tight to the body, has not jiggle, and is high enough that you can walk and bend without problems. . This move has been painful for knife knuts, as year after year SOG released stuff that made no one really jump up and cheer. I have been trying as hard as I can to figure out the OEM, but thus far I have struck out. SOG Pillar Knife Review – a 100% Made In the USA Fixed Blade Knife Ammoland Inc. Posted on July 28, 2017 July 26, 2017 by Mike Searson Mike Searson, reviews the … Yes, SOG sent me this for free. Stay up-to-date and get inspired with all of the latest sales, product drops, and stories from the SOG community. The release of the SOG Pillar two years ago showed the brand was paying attention. The Baton Q4 stands out for a truly unique and very utilitarian form factor. Plus, have you checked the prices on Bark River knives lately? There’s also a vague harpoon sharp going on here. In addition to smart design choices and premium materials, the SOG Pillar is expertly finished right here in the USA. The bang-for-buck factor really hit home once I researched SOG’s warranty. Concealed Carry Permits Skyrocket, Holiday Gift Guide: Ninth Day of Christmas, Watch: How to Stay Out of Jail When Building a Rifle, Booby-Trapped Boxes Deter Package Thieves, Texas Woman Gets Five Years in Prison For Shooting From Car, In Defense of Life or Property vs Wildlife, Review: Hinderer Half-Track Titanuim Framelock Flipper, Holiday Gift Guide: Eight Day of Christmas, Buyback Program Turns Guns Into Gardening Tools. All SOG Specialty Knives & Tools Reviews All Customer Product Reviews Related Products to SOG Specialty Knives & Tools Pillar Knife 4 models SOG Specialty Knives & Tools Terminus XR Flipper 2.95in Folding Knife $59.95 (Save $5.00) $54.95 The SOG Pillar is a USA-made tactical fixed blade featuring a resilient no-nonsense build. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Shop SOG Specialty Knives & Tools Pillar Knife | 10% Off 5 Star Rating on 1 Review for SOG Specialty Knives & Tools Pillar Knife + Free Shipping over $49. The flats have a bright stonewash and the grinds are grinder satin. Great review otherwise. I like micarta so much more than other materials–it adds grip and gives you plenty of tactile feedback. Preppers: Are You Stockpiling Chemlights? Recently, I was able to add a new fixed blade to my “arsenal.” This blade is an SOG Pillar fixed blade knife.Right from the unboxing, this knife exudes quality. I covered the sheath aesthetics above, but let’s take a minute to discuss its performance. Though I’d like to own one, I have no desire to smack a Bravo against a log.

Withings Body+ Body Composition Wifi Scale Reviews, Positivism Vs Relativism, How To Identify Male And Female Baby Pigeon, Sericulture Department Mandya, Rainbow Garden Menu Champaign, Canon R Vs R5,

Facebook Twitter Email